Gift Certificate for one mobile 2 hour session, for one person, consisting of a mini 30 minute Reiki treatment, immediately followed by a 90 minute Thai Foot Massage, at your location within Kelowna, British Columbia.
Reiki is a safe, gentle, ancient healing technique that is generally used to reduce stress, relieve pain, and promote relaxation thereby triggering the body's innate healing system. It is based on the belief that life force energy flows through us and is what give us life. Reiki is administered by the therapist holding her hands 1-2 inches above the bodies chakra centers and allowing life force energy to flow through her, to the recipient. If your life force energy is depleted, then we are more likely to get sick. If your life force energy is high, we are more capable of being in an optimum state of physical, mental, spiritual and emotional health. This mini Reiki treatment includes the main chakra centers on the front of the body only.
Thai Foot Massage is a gentle, yet firm treatment that incorporates the use of a wooden device called a Thai Stick to work areas of the feet. Working these areas increases blood and energy flow to the internal organs, glands and all parts of the body, allowing the body to return to a state of homeostasis.
Thai Foot Massage & Mini Reiki 2 hrs Gift Certificate
Reiki while being a very safe therapy, does have a few situations where it should be avoided:
- Schizophrenia - May increase syptoms and cause distress.
- Type 1 Diabetes - The recipient must check blood sugar levels proir to and after receiving a Reiki treatment. The Reiki may cause the pancreas to resume its natural ability to produce Insulin, which could result in insulin overdose if insulin is also injected when not needed. If they noticed any significant change they should check with their doctor to see if they need to change their medication.
- Pacemaker - Reiki has been know to effect the functioning of pacemakers.
- Hearing Aids - Reiki will cause feedback in Hearing Aids. The recipient should remove all hearing aids prior to receiving Reiki.
While Reflexology is a very safe therapy, it is to be avoided with certain health conditions:
Local Contraindications (can not work on affected area)
- Varicose veins
- Undiagnosed lumps and bumps
- Undiagnosed pain
- Acute inflammation
Total Contraindications (can not proceed with treatment)
- FeverContagious diseases (including a cold and flu)
- Under the influence of Alcohol or Drugs (including pain medication)
- After a recent operation (within the last 6 months)
- Infectious skin diseases
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Severe undiagnosed pain
- Diarrhoea and/or vomiting
- Unstable heart conditions
Cautions for Thai Foot Massage (requires doctors written consent)
- Neuritis (inflammation of the nerve pathways)
- Diabetes mellitus
- Heart disease and cardiovascular conditions (Thrombosis, Phlebitis, Hypertension, Hypotension)
- Kidney infections
- Nervous/Psychotic conditions
- Nervous system disfunctions (Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, Motor Neurone disease)
- Oedema (swelling)
- Prescribed medication
When In Doubt, Err on the side of caution and ask you Doctor first.