Reiki & Thai Foot Massage 2.5 hr Gift Certificate
Reiki while being a very safe therapy, does have a few situations where it should be avoided:
- Undiagnosed injuries & illnesses
- Broken bones that have not been set
- Contatious illnesses
- Schizophrenia - May increase syptoms and cause distress.
- Type 1 Diabetes - The recipient must check blood sugar levels proir to and after receiving a Reiki treatment. The Reiki may cause the pancreas to resume its natural ability to produce Insulin, which could result in insulin overdose if insulin is also injected when not needed. If they noticed any significant change they should check with their doctor to see if they need to change their medication.
- Pacemaker - Reiki has been know to effect the functioning of pacemakers.
- Hearing Aids - Reiki will cause feedback in Hearing Aids. The recipient should remove all hearing aids prior to receiving Reiki.
While Thai Foot Massage is a very safe therapy, it is to be avoided with certain health conditions:
Local Contraindications (can not work on affected area)
- Varicose veins
- Undiagnosed lumps and bumps
- Undiagnosed pain
- Acute inflammation
Total Contraindications (can not proceed with treatment)
- FeverContagious diseases (including a cold and flu)
- Under the influence of Alcohol or Drugs (including pain medication)
- After a recent operation (within the last 6 months)
- Infectious skin diseases
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Severe undiagnosed pain
- Diarrhoea and/or vomiting
- Unstable heart conditions
Cautions for Thai Foot Massage (requires doctors written consent)
- Neuritis (inflammation of the nerve pathways)
- Diabetes mellitus
- Heart disease and cardiovascular conditions (Thrombosis, Phlebitis, Hypertension, Hypotension)
- Kidney infections
- Nervous/Psychotic conditions
- Nervous system disfunctions (Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, Motor Neurone disease)
- Oedema (swelling)
- Prescribed medication
When In Doubt, Err on the side of caution and ask you Doctor first.