Gift Certificate for one mobile 90 minute session, for one person, consisting of a 60 minute Hot Stone Massage, immediately followed by a 30 minute Mini Reiki treatment, at your location within Kelowna, British Columbia.
During Hot Stone Massage, the penetrating heat from smooth, oiled and heated basalt stones, is used to improve circulation, reduce stress, and relieve tense muscles and sore joints. Combined with Swedish massage techniques, this massage creates an unforgettable, luxurious, and thoroughly relaxing experience.
Reiki is a safe, gentle, ancient healing technique that is generally used to reduce stress, relieve pain, and promote relaxation thereby triggering the body's innate healing system. It is based on the belief that life force energy flows through us and is what give us life. Reiki is administered by the therapist holding her hands 1-2 inches above the bodies chakra centers and allowing life force energy to flow through her, to the recipient. If your life force energy is depleted, then we are more likely to get sick. If your life force energy is high, we are more capable of being in an optimum state of physical, mental, spiritual and emotional health. This Mini Reiki treatment focuses on the main chakras on the front of the body only.
The benefits of Reiki include:
Supports the bodies ability to heal itself and accelerates healing
Revitalizes body, mind & spirit
Balances the organs and glands and improves their bodily functions
Re-establishes spiritual equilibrium and mental well-being
Promotes creativity and clear thinking
Increases the vibrational frequency of the of the body
Treats symptoms and causes of illness
Relieves physical & emotional pain
Adjusts itself according to the needs of the recipient
Enhances spiritual awareness & strengthens intuition
Induces a state of total relaxation
Improves self confidence and self esteem
Invites positivity and optimism
There are very few contraindications.
Hot Stone Massage & Mini Reiki 90 Minute Gift Certificate
You should NOT have a Hot Stone Massage if you have any of the following conditions:
- Any condition where the client has a loss of sensation, including Neuropathy, Diabetes, Peripheral Vascular Disorder
- Injury or trauma where nerves have been affected
- Throughout Pregnancy (due to the rise in body temperature)
- Psychotic conditions, epilepsy
- Any dysfunction of the nervous system
- Anyone with depressed immune system, including Lupus, Epstein Barr, Mononucleosis, HIV/AIDS, Cancer; anyone on Chemotherapy or Radiation treatments
- Sunburn, Psoriasis, Skin cancer, Burns, Dermatitis, Eczema, Acne, Shingles, Herpes, or any acute inflamed skin condition.
- If you are not allowed to be in a hot tub you will not be able to receive hot stone massage.
Always check with your doctor prior to getting any type of massage or bodywork if you are in doubt.
If you have any of the following health conditions, you should not undergo any type of Massage:
- Blood clots, thrombosis
- After recent surgery
- Acute inflammation (chronic OK with care)
- Directly after trauma - whiplash, fractures, sprains etc.
- Cancers - still undergoing treatment
- Directly over varicose veins
- Skin conditions - sores, psoriasis, eczema, burns (risk of infections)
Reiki, while being a very safe therapy, does have a few situations where it should be avoided:
- Undiagnosed injuries & illesses
- Broken bones which have not been set
- Contagiou illnesses (including cold & flu) as to not spread to therapist
- Schizophrenia - May increase syptoms and cause distress.
- Type 1 Diabetes - The recipient must check blood sugar levels proir to and after receiving a Reiki treatment. The Reiki may cause the pancreas to resume its natural ability to produce Insulin, which could result in insulin overdose if insulin is also injected when not needed. If they noticed any significant change they should check with their doctor to see if they need to change their medication.
- Pacemaker - Reiki has been know to effect the functioning of pacemakers.
- Hearing Aids - Reiki will cause feedback in Hearing Aids. The recipient should remove all hearing aids prior to receiving Reiki.