Gift Certificate for one mobile 2 hour session, for one person, consisting of a 60 minute Lomi Lomi Massage, immidiately followed by a 60 minute Reiki Treatment, at your location within Kelowna, British Columbia.
Lomi Lomi is a deeply relaxing Hawaiian massage which incorporates the use of hands and forearms in a full body massage. It is offered to Ladies Only. Broad strokes reaching from shoulder ridge to the ankle at the same time require the recipient to be fully undressed. Unlike most styles of massage, the gluteous muscles are also massaged. But fear not ladies, all private areas will be covered at all times, and only the part of the body being worked on will be exposed.
Reiki is a safe, gentle, ancient healing technique that is generally used to reduce stress, relieve pain, and promote relaxation thereby triggering the body's innate healing system. It is based on the belief that life force energy flows through us and is what give us life. Reiki is administered by the therapist holding her hands 1-2 inches above the bodies chakra centers and allowing life force energy to flow through her, to the recipient. If your life force energy is depleted, then we are more likely to get sick. If your life force energy is high, we are more capable of being in an optimum state of physical, mental, spiritual and emotional health.
Lomi Lomi Massage & Reiki 2hr Combo Gift Certifica
If you have any of the following health conditions, you should not undergo Lomi Lomi Massage:
Any contagious illness (including cold & flu)
Blood clots, thrombosis
After recent surgery
Acute inflammation (chronic OK with care)
Directly after trauma - whiplash, fractures, sprains etc.
Cancers - still undergoing treatment
Directly over varicose veins
Skin conditions - sores, psoriasis, eczema, burns (risk of infections)
Reiki while being a very safe therapy, does have a few situations where it should be avoided:
- Undiagnosed injuries & illnesses
- Broken bones that have not been set
- Contagious illness (including cold & flu) as to not spread to therapist
- Schizophrenia - May increase syptoms and cause distress.
- Type 1 Diabetes - The recipient must check blood sugar levels proir to and after receiving a Reiki treatment. The Reiki may cause the pancreas to resume its natural ability to produce Insulin, which could result in insulin overdose if insulin is also injected when not needed. If they noticed any significant change they should check with their doctor to see if they need to change their medication.
- Pacemaker - Reiki has been know to effect the functioning of pacemakers.
- Hearing Aids - Reiki will cause feedback in Hearing Aids. The recipient should remove all hearing aids prior to receiving Reiki.