This gift certificate is for one mobile 60 minute Acupressure Massage, at your location in Kelowna, British Columbia.
Acupressure Massage is a firm pressure oil massage. During this treatment the therapist applies manual pressure to the Chinese meridians, using the hands, forearms and elbows, helping balance the natural flow of energy (chi). It can improve internal organ functioning, stimulate circulation and release muscle tension. It can also help to relieve pain, manage chronic conditions, and is excellent for promoting and maintaining general health.
Acupressure Massage 60 minute Gift Certificate
Although Accupressure Massage is a very safe treatment, with no side effects, there are certain cases when it is better to avoid receiving it.
- Infectious skin disease or open wounds
- Immediately after surgery
- After surgery it is best to avoid the scar area for six months. This includes the abdomen after a cesarean birth.
- Prone to blood clots. There is a risk of blood clots being dislodged. If you have heart disease, atherosclerosis, or high cholesterol, please check with us before booking an appointment.
- Acupressure Massage should not be done directly over recent bruises, inflamed skin, unhealed wounds, abdominal hernia, or areas of recent fractures. It can still be done over the rest of the body.
- After a stroke or cerebrovascular accident, it is better to wait for at least six months before receiving Acupressure Massage. Always consult a doctor prior to receiving Acupressure Massage if you have suffered a stroke within the last two years.
- If you suffer from diabetes, you should have regular check-ups for sensory neuropathy. Please inform the therapist if your last check-up was over a year ago.
- First or Third trimester Pregnancy. If you can lay flat on your stomach during the second trimester then Acupressure Massage is safe for you.